Use and Care Manual
• Be sure to clean your floor regularly with the recommended Cleaning Product
for all our floors: Deco Products™ REVIVER Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner.
• Remove all dirt and dust with a soft broom or a vacuum cleaner with the correct
hard surface attachment - never a rotating brush, floor scrubbers, jet mops,
buffers or similar products.
• Clean with water and the appropriate cleaning product. Do not use aggressive
cleaning products, soap, abrasive cleaners or cleaning agents that contain wax
or oil. We recommend using a well-rung wet mop or a cloth.
• After washing allow your floor the time to completely dry.
• Start removing stains as soon as possible, with a well-wrung, slightly damp cloth.
Worn-in stains are difficult to remove.
• For wine, grease, juice and chocolate stains, use lukewarm water and our
recommended non-abrasive cleaner.
• Crayon, nail polish, tar, markers, lipstick, ink and cigarette burns can be
removed using nail polish remover or denatured alcohol.
• For chewing gum or candle wax scrape carefully with a blunt plastic scraper.
• The pet stains of any kind from domestic cats or dogs need to be cleaned within
24 hours to avoid floor damage.
3. PROTECTION AND PREVENTION
• As a good practice, avoid bringing dirt, sand, grit, and substances such as oil or
asphalt indoors by placing non-rubber-backed carpets and doormats at all
entrances. Using rubber-backed mats as long-lasting contact with the rubber
can cause permanent stains on the floor surface.
• Avoid cigarettes, matches, or other very hot items to get in contact with the
floor as this may cause permanent damage.
• Try to not drag or slide heavy objects across the floor. When moving appliances
or heavy furniture it is always wise to lay cloths, towels, plywood panel, or similar,
on your floor and “walk” the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing,
gouging, cracks and tears.
• Always apply appropriate protection to the legs of the furniture. Avoid using
colored floor protectors.
Deco Products™ brand and logo are trademarks property of Deco Products Global LLC
• Apply freely rotating, non-rubber wheels to chairs with castors and/or use
• Please bear in mind that pets with sharp nails can leave scratches on the floor.
• Never use a steam mop or wet-mop as standing water may cause permanent
damage and the heat from the steam mop may dull the finish. The moisture
from the dampened mop should evaporate off the floor quickly
• Although Deco Products™ Vinyl Plank Flooring is waterproof, it is still a best
practice to avoid excess moisture on the floor. Therefore, we recommend
soaking up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.
• To clean up dried glue we recommend using either Bostik Ultimate Adhesive
Remover or Titebond Adhesive Remover cleaning wipes.
• We recommend as Cleaning Product for all our floors: Deco Products™
REVIVER Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner.
• Vacuum or sweep the floor with a broom or dust mop on a regular basis or as
needed to remove dirt, sand, or grit to protect it from scratches. Be careful of
other debris such as small rocks and pebbles being drug across the floor.
• Do not use vacuums that use a beater bar or turn beater bar off; brush or felt
vacuum heads are recommended as opposed to hard heads.
• To prevent indentations and scratches periodically check the felt tips for wear
or buildup of grit/debris and replace as needed.
• Area rugs are also recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic
areas. Rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture
entrapment. We recommend using a breathable rug underlay; mesh or grid
patterns are best.
• Abrasive or harsh chemicals should not be used to clean the floor. Never use
any of the following products on the floor: mineral spirits, paint thinner, acetone,
ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents,
bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials such as
vinegar. Never apply wax treatments to the floor.
• For light surface scratches, use WearMax Scratch Concealer. If the scratch
has penetrated the vinyl wear layer and the decorative film layer is exposed,
plank replacement is recommended.
• Limit direct sunlight on the floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are
exposed to high UV rays.